Awareness camps include public health related issues e.g. sanitation, hygiene, prevention of AIDS & STDs, mental health etc.
Several Health Awareness camps are organized on different health & hygiene related issues for underpriviledged rural & semi urban people.
Topic of Awareness:
- AIDS & STD
- Safe Pregnancy
- Family Planning
- Importance of Breast Feeding
- Common Gynaecological Complications
- Importance of Hygiene
Area Covered: West Bengal
Districts: South 24 Parganas - Several area of Pathar Pratima Block, Purulia – Bagmundi Paschim, Medinipur - Amlasole
Geriatric Health Awareness and Check up Camps
Several Geriatric Health Awareness and Check up camps are organized throughout the year in active association with eminent pharmaceutical companies & medical institutes. Members of Banchbo healing touch & many local geriatric people including underpriviledged sector were benefited from these camps.
Our camp includes:
- General and specialized health check up.
- Free ECG and pathological tests.
- Awareness on important geriatric diseases.
- Free medicines for underprivileged people.
Health awareness & check up camps organized in previous years:
- Awareness on hypertension & general checkup.
- Awareness on anemia & general checkup.
- Awareness on hyper acidity & general checkup.
- Awareness on urinary Problem / prostate & general checkup.
- Awareness on nutrition in geriatric age group & general checkup.
- Awareness on diabetes & general checkup.
- Awareness on osteoarthritis & osteoporosis.
Doctors attended in our previous camps:
- Dr. A.K. Roy Chowdhury - Eminent Chest & Medicine Specialist.
- Dr. Subrata Maitra – Eminent Critical Care & Geriatric Specialist.
- Dr. Sudipta Kr. Sen - Eminent Medicine Specialist.
- Dr. Kousik Mazumdar – Eminent Geriatric Specialist.
- Dr. Pooviah - Eminent Geriatric Specialist.
- Dr. Tirthankar Bhattacharjee – Eminent Orthopedic.
- Dr. Sudesh Saha - Eminent Orthopedic.
- Dr. Amitava Mukherjee - Chief Urologist, AMRI Hospital.
- Dr. Rama Guha - Eminent Gynaecologist.
- Dr. Arunava Roy - Eminent Physician.
- Dr. Dhires Kumar Chowdhury - Eminent Physician.
- Dr. Anup Nandy - Eminent Physician.
- Dr. Arijit Das - Eminent Physician.
- Dr. Nilanjana Mazumder - Eminent Physician.
- Dr. Sibaji Gupta - Eminent Homeopathy Physician.
- Ms. Malabika Dutta - Eminent Nutritionist.
State Level Seminar On Mental Health
In the year 2002 Banchbo organized a State Level Seminar on Mental Health by active participation of eminent psychiatrist, eminent psychologist, organisation related with mental health (Anubhav, Life Line, Mentaid), social worker, media personalities at Khudiram Hall.
Actively participated in documentary film making on Breast Cancer- "DISHA"(The Direction) produced by Breast Clinic Division of IPGME&R(SSKM Hospital) under supervision of Dr. Diptendra Sarkar (MS,FRCS), Incharge of Breast Clinic & role play by Dr. Dhires Kumar Chowdhury.